Too-Busy Monday - 25 Days Til I Go Back to Work; Election Day Tomorrow

I spent the entire day with Shereen because D went back to work.  Lilly woke up at 7:30 and was on a perfect napping/feeding schedule all day. She makes me so happy. They are so pure of heart. She cries when something is wrong - hungry or sleepy. Other than that, she doesn't complain. No drama, no exaggeration, no ego.

It was 58 degrees today so I bundled her up in a fleece body suit and a blanket and we went from Whole Foods to Grad Hospital to Center City for dinner with Lisa Y and Sydney.  It is fun to visit with Sydney who is 1 month older than Lilly; it is like a sneak peek into next month! So exhausted today. Must have walked 10 miles. Had to give Lilly her bath, too, once I got home, since Alex was too tired. Full-time today with Lilly. Yawn! I'm ready for bed!

I know I won't stay up late enough to see the official results tomorrow night. But, I believe we will have our first woman president. I think it will be like the day I woke up and we had a black president. I came down the elevator at the Towers apartment in Wyncote, and a man in the lobby was waving around a Metro with the result on the cover, singing "Our President in black! Our President is black!" It's pretty insane to think that was 2008 and now we have another historic election ahead. It's true that the victory would be sweeter if the opponent were more worthy but it's still pretty amazing.

Going to OK to visit Nic and D on Thursday! Also, did I mention that Mary, Nancy and KK are all expecting!? Wow!

Thoughts from today:

  • Today Lilly did this: Took a bath with me in the bath tub. Is it weird I've never done that with her before! She was super tired and crying a lot around 8:30. Once Alex got her calmed down, I brought her in the bath with me for about 10 minutes (8 minutes longer than her regular sink bath, hah). She was really relaxed and enjoyed it. She cried after we got out the entire time I put on her diaper, pajamas, did bicycles for gas) but she liked the bath! I rocked her a little while reading 2 bedtime books and slipped her into the sleep sack JUST in time or her to fall asleep. She protested a tiny bit but was asleep by the tie I velcroed her into the sleep sack. Angel!
  • I want to remember this about my time off: I got exercise. I liked the days that I stayed home with Lilly and lounged. Those are my favorite days. 
  • Something I learned about parenting:It's hard when both people are tired. Probably the other person is just as tired as we are. Sometimes it can feel like a competition of who is more tired. 
  • Something I didn't get to do today that I wanted to: Send Amy's bday card (where is her gift certificate?), and call about HSA/FSA. Need to get my health insurance in order. 
  • I spent time with these people today: Shereen, Lisa Y. Saw Harold outside the Marathon. 
  • Something about me and Alex: This morning when he went to work, I asked, "are you going to vote Tuesday?" And he said, "Hell yes. Im not letting Trump get anywhere near you or Lilly." That made me tear up when I retold it to Shereen this afternoon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels