Tiffany Weddings and Camels
April 15, 2008
I had to Google it to find out who Tiffany is. I am disappointed at my ignorance because I've been reading (pretty exclusively) wedding magazines for the last two months. (I try to do this on the DL so that no one will wonder why I'm obsessed with wedding flowers, dresses, locations, and invitations, with no sign of one in sight. The answer is that sometimes I just get into a wedding mood and I'm not above unabashedly planning a non-event).
Luckily, Al has chosen me as one of her bridesmaids, and now I have a great excuse to keep obsessing about minutiae leading up to an event that causes thousands, millions of women to become nauseous with worry, excitement, or -- in the case of Heather's cousin-in-law and the unfortunate no-longer-white wedding dress -- good ol' fashioned intoxication.
However, as a bridesmaid, I am spared what I can only imagine to be immense pressure to be the most radiant, well-mannered, graceful version of yourself that has ever been presented. And instead, being under no such pressure, I still get to wear the cute dress, hang out with the cute guys in tuxes, and eat great food, without worrying if the wedding album will document the disposition of the spinach that got in my teeth during the first course. And of course, Al will dismiss the butterflies and be a radiant, cool girl, just like she is while dancing for the Philadelphia Soul. No worries there.
The blue is a beautiful color, and such a great complement to Al's personality, which can maybe be described as... Miami! Bright, sunny, colorful, soulful, laughing, dancing, good food, great music, and all kinds of exclamation points! I'm very excited.
In other news, I'm getting ready to go to Dubai on May 5. The ticket was outrageous (for my now-dilapidated budget), but the trip promises a tan, a big hug from Pauline, and a glimpse of one of the blingest cities in the world. I'll grab a picture of the seven-star hotel (the only one in the world - although I'm not sure the whole world is on a seven-star scale?) and check out what a $2.9 million camel smells like, but I'm sure the best stuff from the trip will be haggled over at the souks, or markets.
I'm getting excited about visiting yet another country, but can't help but feel a twinge of regret that Grandma and Mom cannot come along. Some day I hope I'll be able to take us all away together on some gorgeous vacay...
Comments