Sleepier than ever - 26 Days Left
Sunday morning - I'm sitting at the living room table waiting for Alex so we can try the new neighborhood diner. Lilly is fast asleep in the stroller after 3 minutes of crying herself to sleep. She has become so good at crying herself to sleep.
After our long day, I have this to say: The diner looked great and the food was OK. Lilly has slept for 10+ hours each night for three nights. I am finally starting to catch up on sleep and it is actually making me sleepier during the day. I napped today and then skipped a birthday party to rest. Then, we met Ana's doula for a 2 hour consult on 4-month baby stuff and went to SOUTH to treat Aunt Sue to her 66th bday dinner. We had grits, gumbo, hush puppies, crab bites and pecan pie. Super New Orleans right? And there was live jazz in the next room. I'd love to go back and see more jazz.
After our long day, I have this to say: The diner looked great and the food was OK. Lilly has slept for 10+ hours each night for three nights. I am finally starting to catch up on sleep and it is actually making me sleepier during the day. I napped today and then skipped a birthday party to rest. Then, we met Ana's doula for a 2 hour consult on 4-month baby stuff and went to SOUTH to treat Aunt Sue to her 66th bday dinner. We had grits, gumbo, hush puppies, crab bites and pecan pie. Super New Orleans right? And there was live jazz in the next room. I'd love to go back and see more jazz.
- Today Lilly did this: We found out she has 2 swollen gums where teeth are coming in! She and I also practiced using the nursing pillow and pacifier leash for our trip to Oklahoma. She is so peaceful. When she wakes up from a nap, she starts to cry (I wonder why she does this) and when she sees me or Alex she stops. Then she is so happy. Everyone comments on how happy she is. She's so sweet and adorable. Also, when she is in pajamas or is naked, she is like a baby again. Otherwise, when she is in "outfits" I feel like she is a little girl. Too soon for that!
- I want to remember this about my time off: I adore weekend mornings where me, Alex and Lilly all wake up at the same time and are all rested, and can play in our bed together after he brings her up from her crib. So lovely especially when the sun is streaming through the windows.
- Something I learned about parenting: I don't want to be shy about saying how hard I have worked to get Lilly where she is. Yes, it has been a team effort but sometimes it feels really good to acknowledge that I have been busting my ass, doing a bad ass job, and that those effort are responsible for our healthy happy and well-adjusted baby. There, I said. I am a good mom.
- Something I didn't get to do today that I wanted to: Stay after doula group and talk with my friends. I know, I see them all the time but it was so nice to have the consult with the doula, talk about babies, learn, have our questions answered, and be with them. But, alas, we needed to go to dinner.
- I spent time with these people today: Ana, Shereen, Sue and Bob.
- Something about me and Alex: We like diners. We both believe the butter should be served room temperature. We agree that menus shouldn't say "home fries" if they're gonna serve "hash browns". We met the manager and owner of the new diner and told them all these things. LOL I'm crazy. :)
Comments