OMG 14 Days Left - plus Travel Notes

Where did the time go?

Trump got elected. No one did anything that day.

I packed up my things and Lilly's things to go to Oklahoma to visit Nicholete and Davis, Lilly's first trip! I bought the plane ticket a few weeks ago and was nervous because flying to Oklahoma City requires a layover any way you cut - no non-stops from PHL to OKC! In the end, I think the layover was really helpful because I had a 2-hour flight on which Lilly could nurse then nap (her usual cycle). Then, just as she was ready for another feeding and nap, we would be taking off on the next flight. The layovers were 45 minutes, which gave me just enough time to find a family restroom to change her diaper and find our new gate.

The visit to Nic's was so relaxing. Her new house is spacious and filled with natural light. The living room and kitchen are perfect for entertaining, and the center of the home. Lilly slept in Davis's nursery and I had my pick of two awesome guest rooms. We spent nearly the entire weekend on the couch and living room floor, playing dress up with the girls and taking hundreds of photos. I met the famous Euna and her 2 boys, who were all great, of course. Davis rolled over for the first time ever! I caught the 2nd time on video! We were beaming with pride and excitement!

We flew back on Sunday and Alex picked us up from the airport. I was beat. Alex was on sleep duty. The girls and I were texting about sleep regressions; it seemed that all the babies were dropping their impressive sleep schedules this week and just regressing to 1-2 hours at a time. We even had LIlly sleep in our room for the first time in a month or more since she was waking up so much and we were so tired!

Monday she went to Nhung's for the day. I took 2 naps and made a bunch of Pinterest home remedy recipes (body scrub, face scrub, shampoo).  On Tuesday, Lilly and I went to Downingtown to visit Ba Co and Ngoai Hai. We had chicken soup for lunch. I made a few videos of them playing with her. 

On the way home, I had to pick up some prune juice for Lilly - her first non-breastmilk food/drink. I gave some to her in a syringe at Shereen's house. She hated it! Wednesday, Shereen came over, we made pulled pork in the slow cooker, and watched a movie (This is 40). She and I went to Gabrielle's to share our dinner with her. Wyatt looked great; so happy and handsome and growing.

Lilly's been talking and giggling up a storm. She had her 4-month well visit today and interrupted the doctor a bunch of times while he was talking to us!!  He was pleasantly surprised each time, "Whoa! She's very social!" She has eczema, like me :( sad face. But everything else is PERFECT. I'm so proud of her for growing and developing so well! She has a little temperature tonight (102.7) so we gave her Tylenol and put her to bed a little early and without her regular bedtime routine. Hope she sleeps well.

I am so dreading going back to work and not spending the ENTIRE DAY of EVERY DAY with her. I know it will be good to go back to 'adult-ing' but I kind of just want to keep not trying and just be new-moming.... maybe for just another month? No, really though. After visiting Nic, who is a balanced professional and mom, I realized that I need the change. So, knowing it is good for me, I'm trying to look forward to it. I've been doing major snuggle time and just hanging out with her in her room.  She's really so cool now - eye contact, looks for me when I'm not holding her, laughs, plays with toys, wiggles around.  So freaking adorable and curious. I love her!!!!!!!

Thoughts from today:


  • Today Lilly did this: Slept for 4 hours after getting her 4-month vaccinations; I had to wake her to nurse. She's rarely ever fussy but she was not herself and felt very warm to the touch. We took her temp twice. 102.7. This is her first fever.
  • I want to remember this about my time off: I loved spending hours and hours with her at home in pjs on the floor of her room.  On Wednesday afternoon, she napped while I read "Bringing up Bebe"; then, she played on her play gym while I read, then napped as I continued to read. It was so relaxing she didn't cry for any of the naps when I was in the room reading on the floor. So sweet.
  • Something I learned about parenting: It's important to me that Alex and I treat our parents the way we want Lilly to treat us; I want to model respectful communications with our parents so that Lilly will be respectful to us.
  • Something I didn't get to do today that I wanted to: Go to CVS to get her aquaphor for her eczema, set up her humidifier; call about my HSA/FSA.
  • I spent time with these people today: Her pediatrician, Dr. Medani; Shereen; Dee and Alok came to drop off the pack n' play; Fern and Arnie
  • Something about me and Alex: We like pork. Hee hee.

Things to remember about flying with baby (at 4 months):
  • Book an aisle seat in case I needed to walk her up and down the aisle. 
  • Bring a photo copy of baby's birth certificate
  • Check in at the gate counter and ask 1) if there are any empty seats so you can have 2 seats for free and 2) if you can get pre-boarding/priority boarding
  • Ask the flight attendant if there is a changing table in the bathroom; bring a small diaper clutch or changing set up since the bathrooms are SO TINY (if I had a row to yourself I would probably do a lap change, but I just changed her on layovers anyway) 
  • When I got to my seat, I opened the Nurgo and sat on it; pulled clorox wipes out of my pocket and wiped down anything she might touch; pulled her out of the carrier and put her on an empty seat; put the carrier in an overhead compartment, pulled out water, headphones, my phone and a snack and put it in the seat pocket; waited for seatmates to arrive. Everything in reverse when landing.
  • When everyone was seated, I introduced them to Lilly, put the Nurgo and baby on  my lap, and strapped on my seatbelt. Worked pretty well.
  • I didn't use her baby blanket - just a scarf to keep me warm, used it as a nursing cover, and used it as a blanket for her once she fell asleep
  • Dressed her in zippered footy pajamas to avoid losing socks / cold feet
  • Didn't use the hat or jacket n the plane but used it after we landed
  • Didn't use any toys; did use books
  • Nurgo pillow was amazing so my legs and arms didn't get tired of holding her, balancing her, and I could move when she was asleep
  • I plugged the headphones in and ran them under the Nurgo; got to watch a movie while she slept!
  • Nursed her on take-off / landing, but on each flight she was asleep for one of those and didn't wake up or scream for ear pressure; Used her pacifier to help her fall asleep on plane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels