Mall Day - 30 Days Left
Today, Shereen, D and I took the kids to the Cherry Hill Mall. We ran some errands, nursed in the car, nursed in the Nordstrom Lounge, nursed in the dressing rooms of stores... the kids slept and we shopped. We spent the entire day out! It was beautiful weather (we spent the day inside - doh!).
- Today Lilly did this: Cried for 30 minutes twice when I interrupted her morning nap and afternoon nap. Whoops. When she was awake, she reached for her toys and tried to wave her rattle around. Her hands are still in fists most of the time but she tries to grasp things, which is cool.
- I want to remember this about my time off: Buying and wearing casual clothes is fun and I should do it even when I'm back at work. I have a hard time justifying casual clothes when work clothes are so expensive!
- Something I learned about parenting: Try to be ok with the baby crying in public especially in large space like mall. Also, strap Lilly into the car seat when strolling around if there's any chance she might be going into the car while asleep; this prevents interrupting her nap to strap her in!
- Something I didn't get to do today that I wanted to: Take a nap! But really, when do I nap... My feet are so tired.
- I spent time with these people today: Shereen and D!
- Something about me and Alex: I got what I consider a generous gift for a dear friend who has been SO INCREDIBLE during the pregnancy and since Lilly was born; she coordinated and threw 2 baby showers for me and still got gifts for Lilly on top of all that. Alex said "What!? Get her something else, too! She deserves it. She's the best." Generosity of spirit is so important to me; literal generosity and appreciation of others who have a big heart and give to us is also so desirable. I hope we can teach this to the baby.
Comments