Katy Perry and HRC - Mom's First Night Out - 27 Days Left
Pauline texted me late last night asking if I would want to come to a Katy Perry concert for HRC at the Mann Center today. She has been canvassing in PA and got an extra VIP ticket. Old Cat would have immediately taken the spot. New, tired, sleepy Mom Cat was not really feeling up to it. Plus, I would be away from Lilly during the evening time / bath routine and everything. I declined the ticket. Dee and Shereen encouraged me to sleep on it - once in a life time; and a good reason to leave Lilly for the first time for this long at night. Alex would be home to care for her after all; no big deal.
So, I agreed to go. Twist my arm why don't you. Pauline was wonderful in not pressuring me. She always understands what I need to hear; even when she can't personally relate to a situation, she expertly empathises. She assured me that it would not be a total rock-out and that we would just be casually spending time together with these free tickets. When she said she would be doing crossword puzzles while waiting for the show to start, I knew she was my kind of date!
I ubered to meet her after a long day of shopping in Cherry Hill with Ana. I thought I should look more fashionable for this concert / political history in the making. However, ALL of my clothes were wet or in the dryer still, so I went with maternity leggings, t-shirt and blazer. Not exactly fashionista gear. Oh well!
When i got there, there was a line about 1000 people long. Pauline and I headed straight to the front, got purple wrist bands (VIP) and sauntered right in. Yay. We bought some snacks and a beer, and sat around from 5-7:30 waiting for the event to start. Her friend met us, brought us to our 5-row seats (first row in our section), where we watched a parade of celebs endorse HRC. It was really amazing, especially when Madeleine Albright came out. I thought that was pretty amazing. HRC came out, thanked everyone, and yielded the stage to Katy Perry. I danced to a few of the songs and then headed out when I thought it was about 2/3 of the way done. I didn't want to fight with crowds of people or have too much trouble finding my uber in a sea of waiting passengers. I got out just in time, found my uber amongst 15 other and made it home in time to nurse Lilly before bath and bedtime.
So, I agreed to go. Twist my arm why don't you. Pauline was wonderful in not pressuring me. She always understands what I need to hear; even when she can't personally relate to a situation, she expertly empathises. She assured me that it would not be a total rock-out and that we would just be casually spending time together with these free tickets. When she said she would be doing crossword puzzles while waiting for the show to start, I knew she was my kind of date!
I ubered to meet her after a long day of shopping in Cherry Hill with Ana. I thought I should look more fashionable for this concert / political history in the making. However, ALL of my clothes were wet or in the dryer still, so I went with maternity leggings, t-shirt and blazer. Not exactly fashionista gear. Oh well!
When i got there, there was a line about 1000 people long. Pauline and I headed straight to the front, got purple wrist bands (VIP) and sauntered right in. Yay. We bought some snacks and a beer, and sat around from 5-7:30 waiting for the event to start. Her friend met us, brought us to our 5-row seats (first row in our section), where we watched a parade of celebs endorse HRC. It was really amazing, especially when Madeleine Albright came out. I thought that was pretty amazing. HRC came out, thanked everyone, and yielded the stage to Katy Perry. I danced to a few of the songs and then headed out when I thought it was about 2/3 of the way done. I didn't want to fight with crowds of people or have too much trouble finding my uber in a sea of waiting passengers. I got out just in time, found my uber amongst 15 other and made it home in time to nurse Lilly before bath and bedtime.
- Today Lilly did this: Had a weird nursing pattern. We think maybe she is teething because she wasn't eating all day and has been putting everything in her mouth. Also OMG she STTN again. Love the many acronyms - i think she sleep 9 hours last night. So proud, and relieved and exhausted....
- I want to remember this about my time off: I'm glad Pauline was the first person I went out with, leaving Lilly at home at night with Alex. I have been to a few drinks with people after work but i don't think even dinner.
- Something I learned about parenting: It's an easy ice breaker! Everyone wants to talk about their kids.
- Something I didn't get to do today that I wanted to: Nothing. I was so happy to spend the time with Pauline today. So nice.
- I spent time with these people today: Ana, Pauline.
- Something about me and Alex: We don't talk about politics :)
Comments