Ahh Going Back to Work Tomorrow!
Lilly's napping next to me on the bed in her adorable purple pajamas.
The past week and a half went quickly. Main highlights:
Lilly's First Thanksgiving and First Cold! F & Arnie hosted Thanksgiving at the condo. THey usually cook at our house when we have a big crowd. This year, it was just family and my mom-friend Dee. We didn't have to lift a finger. And thank goodness, since our household were all sick! Dee's husband and baby stayed home since we were all sick - boo! I was disappointed that Pauline wasn't able to come, but we probably just would have gotten her sick. She was all traveled-out from the campaign work and just wanted to rest at home. I was left a little dissatisfied again - same holiday blues. It just seems like, between the ages of 28 and [when does it end?], the holidays don't have the same magic or sentimentality they used to. One of my partners at work said that holidays will mean something again once we have kids to celebrate it with. So, that could be sooner than I think. Until then, it's still time to spend with family - just a little less magical than it used to be for me! At least this year we went around the table and said what we were thankful for. Most people were thankful for Lilly and family; I was also thankful for our cultures. That's the best part of raising her - teaching her about being a Jewish-American and Vietnamese-American.
Baby hanging with her Bubbie and Zayda for 2 weeks. F & Arnie watched her a couple times for us during this visit. They really like playing with her. Their friends and neighbors have given Lilly SO MUCH STUFF. She really likes her toys at the condo.
Last Monday went to Djung's to get more clothes for Lilly. Got lots of 6 month stuff- she is in 6-month PJ's and pants already. She's growing so fast!! Had fun talks with Djung and her husband about the election and baby stuff. Lilly fell asleep on the floor in the nursery; they said she was so cute and such a peaceful sleeper. Please stay that way! Yesterday I put her in this adorable pink dress that Djung's daughter wore for her 6-month photo shoot. Lilly barely fits it! Got a bunch of great pics with F&A.
On Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went out from 2PM-11PM for Timmy Thomas's wedding! I rented a fabulous dress from RTR - navy blue asymmetrical hem from Shoshanna. Wore it with a cool gold deco style necklace that matched perfectly with Fern's antique gold purse. It all looked great together. It was SO nice to see Bang, Jill, Brian and his date Megumi. We had fun watching the PSU Michigan game in the hotel room and at the reception. Tim's family was great and he was so happy that we came.
[Logistical details: I could wear my pumping gear under the dress, which was perfect. I had to nurse before we left, then pump in Bang and Jill's hotel room before the reception. I brought my pump and put it under the table at the reception and discreetly went to pump during the reception. I made a pumping picnic in the handicap stall - dress off, blanket on the floor and everything. Then dream-fed her when I got home (she had only taken 3 oz. in those 9 hours).]
Sunday after Thanksgiving, went to my first spin class since I was 5 months pregnant! Flywheel. It was hard!!! But got me motivated to get back in the saddle (literally and figuratively). Will plan to have more classes scheduled.
Yesterday, I drove to Doylestown to introduce her to MacAniff, Joanne, Grace and Lynne. It was wonderful seeing everyone; she got a lot of love from the assistants and the attorneys. It was so nice to drive around Bucks. I feel like I want to live there when I go back there. It's so quaint and beautiful. There were holiday lights up. I would have loved to stay there for dinner.
Things I want to do after I go back to work:
- Day in Doylestown - Stroller on the train in the afternoon. Walking through town, dinner in town.
- Plan next year's big vacation
- Plan a trip to the West Coast for next year
- Plan a trip to meet Nic and Davis in Arizona next year
- Take pictures in January when she's 6 months.
- Go back to working out.
- Today Lilly did this: Her eyelashes have gotten a mile long! She tries to sit up all the time - constantly doing like a crunch/sit up. We put her in her dining table high chair, which we attached to the table on Thanksgiving for Nathan when Jeff and Jodi stopped by. She loves it! She has started to really use her fingers more dexterously. She can grasp toys and she tries harder to reach for things now. But also sometimes she just stares at them a lot while moving them. Very cute.
- I want to remember this about my time off: Some of my favorite days were sitting upstairs with her for hours and hours - vegging out and playing with her. I always spread her blanket out on top of our covers, and put some toys and books down. It's like a play picnic. I love when she just falls asleep quietly on the bed - happy and a little worn out from our playing. When she's awake, she loves to look at the ceiling fan or out the windows at the sunlight.
- Something I learned about parenting: Some of my friends are now pregnant. I have a lot of enthusiasm about pregnancy, birth, parenting, breastfeeding and all that I've learned but I want to make sure that I give people time and space to tell me what their special experiences are / have been, before launching into my happy story or advice :)
- Something I didn't get to do today that I wanted to: Get good weather. I pictured walking with Lilly to the park on my last day but it's raining. Plus, I love staying home with her so... guess we'll just stay put.
- I spent time with these people today: Just me and girl!
- Something about me and Alex:Yesterday I made some extra rice for Gabrielle and her family. I needed to walk it about 2.5 blocks south. Alex offered to come with me and it was so fun to get out of the house for less than 5 minutes, with Fern and Arnie watching Lilly at home, to walk down the street. We both really enjoyed it!
Comments