10 Hours of Sleep - 29 Days Left

Let's start with the good news today:
  • Today Lilly did this:  OMG STTN - LAST NIGHT SHE SLEPT FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT! I am so proud of her! She woke up at least once and soothed herself back to sleep. After a 3AM feeding, she slept again until 7, then until 9, and had all her regular naps today. So excited to get more sleep like this. I hope this will be her new groove until I have to go back to work. I will be so rested!
  • I want to remember this about my time off: I have learned to not over-book or over-plan as I have always tended to do. Partly because I love to focus on LIlly but mostly because I'm so exhausted (four months of accumulated sleep debt), I am getting good at knowing my limits and not going near them.  Also, the election was a HUGE part of the news, convos, and the world right now.  HUGE. 
  • Something I learned about parenting: We aren't supposed to let them sleep on our chests when we are too tired. There are such things as unsafe sleep positions even "on" us, if we cannot supervise them. Their air supply could still be compromised / carbon dioxide can still build up even if we are holding them. 
  • Something I didn't get to do today that I wanted to: Go to bed at the same time as Alex. He is in charge of sleep training so he's in bed early in prep for mid-night crying spells.  I'm going to pump them hopefully get real sleep again tonight.  
  • I spent time with these people today: Amy, Shereen, D, Ana, Gabrielle, Chris, Spar, the babies Alex. And talked on the phone with Mary and texted with Pauline. Yay!
  • Something about me and Alex: I'm excited that he's in charge of sleep training. It makes me feel like we have some balance in the sleep deficit department. He validates how exhausted I feel all the time and always makes me feel appreciated in that regard. 

I finally left the house at noon today. I walked to get a gift certificate for D from the group; she's going back to work Saturday. Boo! I met Amy at the mall for 15 minutes of shopping, and ran into a woman from APABA-PA in the line at Victoria's Secret! We chatted while waiting in line together and it turns out she went to law school with Ed, Amy's boss. At D's, we revised her CV, ate some pizza bread (college style - marinara and cheese on toast), and fed the babies. We finally headed out to Ana's to meet the girls for D's going-back-to-work gathering. We enjoyed lots of sushi and some wine. My feet are exhausted from walking all over town today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels