Alex goes to Brazil for World Cup 2015

Alex left for Brazil today at 6:30 PM. I did not get to talk to him before he got on his flight. But in the middle of dinner with his father and his close family friends, he called to say "goodbye." Mike C sent me a great pic of them having some beers in the Atlanta airport.

I didn't see him off but we kissed goodbye after a morning of work and cuddling.   I was meeting Bridget and Nic for the Phillies game - Mat and Bridget had a suite!  By 3:30, we were sipping Heinekens in the suite and applauding for every hit (Phils played well but we were also just happy). Jimmy Rollins broke Mike Schmidt's  record at 2,235 hits and there were fireworks!! Yay!

After Mat gave us a private tour of the Eagle's training camp -- and after Mat and Bridget had a handstand walking contest on the training fields (she kicked butt) -- they dropped me at the BSL and I caught the subway back to center city. 

I ran home, changed and biked to 15th and Locust to meet Arnie, the Yaffes and Alan for dinner. Lots of food at Treemont. Rainbow trout, oysters, oyster mushrooms, nettle gnudi, who knows what else. Delish. Chamomile tea. No dessert :) 

Then.... Night cap. Big night cap. I had a tequila and mezcal drink at Tequilas with Arnie and Alan. Yummmmm. 

Miss my babe but well comforted by Season 2 of Orange is the New Black. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels