Other things doing
I used to do a lot more. Is that a thing that happens with age... you do less?
I haven't been adventure-cooking, camping, exploring cities, running, taking photos or making movies, baking, or waking up early.
I have been consuming (dietary and monetary, yikes), reading silly magazines,incessantly looking at pictures of things on phone apps, buying work clothes, and looking at wedding dresses.
Cali was good for reviving the fun and adventurous habits, and the heart and wallet friendly ones, too. After making delicious and satisfying camp fire dinners for three nights, I was so inspired to cook when we came back home.
I made homemade pizza dough for the first time this weekend. (It's amazing how much I have retained from watching Food Network. I knew so much more about it than I thought!) It turned out beautifully!!
And I had forgotten that laborious running is not the only way to exercise. Our 12-mile hikes certainly counted and it was still enjoyable. Instead of forcing myself to do grueling chore-like runs (even the short ones) on days I don't feel like it, I can just got for really long walks. (That sounds old, doesn't it?? Shit. )
California also reminded me of how much I love scents like mint, cedar, and eucalyptus just from being out in nature every day. Best i could do was buy a barsoap and lotion as my souvenirs. And thank goodness my shampoo ran out so I could get minty tingly shampoo! Simple pleasures!
We have also been visiting Chi Trinh's family a lot. They got a new house with a pool in Downingtown!
Not bad!!
Happy with the city thing, new job is good, friends and family are happy, wedding plans moving along. What a sweet summer.
Stellarsjay at Nepenthe in Big Sur.



Comments