Don't Call Me Florence Nightingale
Come up with something more original, please!
ATW had his ACL surgery on Monday. He went in around 8:30AM for pre-op and to start anesthesia. I got kicked out before they did the nerve block, and made my way to the gorgeous old Navy Yard to check out what is now Urban Outfitters Headquarters.
I had breakfast at Yardbirds Cafe and walked over to UO headquarters - a beautiful, open space with ingenious use of the warehouse layout to let in tons of light and illuminate the variety of colors, textures, and materials. I strolled through, fantasizing about working in the fashion industry, interior design, industrial design... anything creative... or legal, I guess. (But a chat with the receptionist and several hours of consequent cyber-stalking, ha, confirmed that they have in-house counsel, and are not hiring.)
I returned to the surgical center and waited ever-so-productively with my brand new baby (a 13" macbook pro) for Alex's three-hour surgery to conclude. He was discharged with lots of dressings, crutches, an awesome ice machine, and an immobilizer brace. Someone came to the house to set up a continuous passive motion (CPM) machine, which he uses 4-6 hours per day to increase the range of motion and speed up recovery. Today, two days later, he is already walking around without crutches, and sounding much less dazed on painkillers than in the past 48 hours. There hasn't been so much nursing as worrying and checking-in. He hopes to be back at work next week already - hopefully with a lot less drug-induced nonsensical blabbering (although it is quite adorable).
ATW had his ACL surgery on Monday. He went in around 8:30AM for pre-op and to start anesthesia. I got kicked out before they did the nerve block, and made my way to the gorgeous old Navy Yard to check out what is now Urban Outfitters Headquarters.
I had breakfast at Yardbirds Cafe and walked over to UO headquarters - a beautiful, open space with ingenious use of the warehouse layout to let in tons of light and illuminate the variety of colors, textures, and materials. I strolled through, fantasizing about working in the fashion industry, interior design, industrial design... anything creative... or legal, I guess. (But a chat with the receptionist and several hours of consequent cyber-stalking, ha, confirmed that they have in-house counsel, and are not hiring.)
I returned to the surgical center and waited ever-so-productively with my brand new baby (a 13" macbook pro) for Alex's three-hour surgery to conclude. He was discharged with lots of dressings, crutches, an awesome ice machine, and an immobilizer brace. Someone came to the house to set up a continuous passive motion (CPM) machine, which he uses 4-6 hours per day to increase the range of motion and speed up recovery. Today, two days later, he is already walking around without crutches, and sounding much less dazed on painkillers than in the past 48 hours. There hasn't been so much nursing as worrying and checking-in. He hopes to be back at work next week already - hopefully with a lot less drug-induced nonsensical blabbering (although it is quite adorable).




Comments