Attorney Number and Fresh Eggs

April 14, 2010 

At work I received my attorney number, making me an official addition. Next in line - a parking spot with my name on it, and my name on the plaque out front. Sweet. Today, there was a reunion of sorts, as both offices convened for a legal database training. I met the other new associate, and caught up with one of my favorite people.

One of the attorneys brought their three month old baby to the office. The tiny baby was laying on the floor, cooing and giggling at the chandelier while her mom and I talked about arbitrating a legal fee dispute. I was going through the mail from Steve's house right before I left work, and there was a postcard from Temple Law about an LLM in Taxation, Estate Planning Certificate, or an Employment Law Certificate. Sure, I'm interested in the Estate Planning Certificate, have always considered the LLM the next step, and am currently working in employment issues. But, looking at the prices ("only" about $700/credit) and the requirements (9-18 credits, depending on the program), I cringed.

Greta has been dying for a while now, but now she is sputtering her last breaths, and I have to pull over constantly to keep from holding up traffic or dying at the stoplight. Between rent, law school loans, and a small car loan upcoming, the thought of taking on more school debt was dizzying.

In other news, Parm and Marsala have adjusted very well to the awesome coop my roommates made for them, and are laying eggs daily. Also, our roommate Tim had been MIA for a few days. I had a dream on Wednesday that he was away in LA interviewing with a big Hollywood producer to have his art turned to summer's biggest kids' movie phenomenon. We had been texting in his absence, and he was one of the first people I told about my Bar exam passage. I was looking forward to catching up when he got home. When he finally returned, he had impressive ballpoint drawings from his week-long creative binge. We had all been sitting around eating and listening to Woody Guthrie youtube videos. As we reviewed his work, he went upstairs. I looked up when he plopped something on the kitchen table in front of me. It was his gift to me, for passing the Bar Exam - Season One and Season Two of LOST. I was thrilled. We watched the pilot episode tonight (.....amazing).

Also, found out a little more about the farmhouse this week. It was built in 1865. The lot is just over 9 acres, and it was last purchased for about $1.15M, but is now only worth about $500k. Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels