Shout out to my Dad.
We recognize Dad's two-year anniversary (of his death) today. I commemorated by doing one of his favorite things to see me do: studying! I'm thankful for the love and guidance he gave me, from when I was just a wee lass to the day I was old enough to appreciate it.
He took this photo a long time ago. I love to think about who he was at that moment in time. I told a friend recently that it's great to look at photos of your parents when they were young. It not only reminds you that they were once individuals - in love, full of hope, curious about their futures, stubborn, and naive; it's also humbling because you experienced the challenges they faced after those happy photos together, as a family. We see into their futures because it is now the past. We can be empowered by their survival, failures and victories aside . . . and be grateful for their efforts.
He took this photo a long time ago. I love to think about who he was at that moment in time. I told a friend recently that it's great to look at photos of your parents when they were young. It not only reminds you that they were once individuals - in love, full of hope, curious about their futures, stubborn, and naive; it's also humbling because you experienced the challenges they faced after those happy photos together, as a family. We see into their futures because it is now the past. We can be empowered by their survival, failures and victories aside . . . and be grateful for their efforts.
Comments