Turkish Pizza



Vi and I went to get some Turkish Pizza for lunch, on the way to the grocery store. They prep it as shown below, fill it with fresh toppings (lettuce, tomato, cheese, lamb), and then ROLL IT UP like a burrito! It’s really tasty, and such an affordable treat. These were EU2; I had other ones three times the size for EU5 – a reliable feast!

Arjan emailed me yesterday, inviting me to an open-air opera. The event is part of the Culturele Zondag – Cultural Sunday (the link is in Dutch, but you can look at pictures in the tab "fotogalerij"). The entire weekend is full of activities. On my list of things to do while in the Netherlands, composed with Arjan prior to my arrival:

  • See a concert
  • Picnic with new friends
  • Skydive
  • Find the best breakfast place

At this outdoor opera, I will see a concert and picnic with new friends. I’m very excited to be crossing some things off my list. (Technically, the picnic is two things, since it requires me making new friends). I’m very excited! So, we bought cheeses, fresh turkish baguettes, fruit and wine and juice for the picnic. I stayed in and studied, recovered (still not 100% well from the allergies or illness or whatever I have), and waited anxiously for the opera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels