Things I Want To Remember - Before Leaving for NL

September 1, 2009

Chris is the most recent of thousands of people who have accused me of taking pictures of everything, anything, and nothing. While it is not true that thousands have told me this, I concede I am an overzealous tourist-photographer in my own life. But, I gotta admit: a truly spectacular group of people and series of events make up my life! And I don't know if I could forgive myself for allowing some of the most vibrant moments diminish slowly under a pile of life's daily bullshit, when it could all be preserved by the push of a single button and the sweet sound of a shutter releasing.

This summer, I was quite preoccupied for about ten weeks with summer classes and a summer clerkship at my hopefully-future-employer law firm in Doylestown. After the official end of my clerkship, I realized I was due to arrive in Utrecht, the Netherlands, in only a few weeks, to finish my law school journey. In the weeks leading up to my departure, I painted the bedroom, Steve planned a fabulous farewell picnic, and we even got to squeeze in a night of pizza and pictionary.

Browsing these photos tonight in my hotel room in Utrecht, I notice that I start clicking away as soon as I realize a moment is not just one I want to remember, but one I can share. From the last few weeks, here are the top five:


A good group at the farewell bbq. The food was amazing - Wanda's corn salad completely from the garden, mouthwatering desserts, fresh gazpacho, and jamaican jerk steak. The only thing more impressive than the spread was the company. You can't beat two little girls blowing bubbles on the steps, a dog chasing ladderballs, and lots of laughter in the hot summer sun. Of course, it didn't hurt that the love of my life was there (unfortunately, Kari is not pictured here because she had to leave early - very sad).


Nilly Bean! Possibly the coolest dog in the world. Gotta love her for wearing out all the other dogs, and still having energy to do a few laps around the yard! Good girl!



A picture that just makes me smile. Drew and Tuna roughhousing on the way to the beer fridge. After winning the soccer championships, Bang and Char hosted a celebratory get-together where I discovered I'm allergic to Twisted Tea, Drew licked a very large spider still hanging from its web, Chris almost choked on fresh-picked habanero roasted over the open fire, and we welcomed Smith home from his Spaces Between Your Fingers tour.



Look at that smile! Of course I'd want to capture my last summer afternoon hanging out with my sister, the baby, and Nilly in the yard. An added bonus: Khai's best friend - Thomas the Tank Engine - is in this picture, too! Thomas!

Good thing my best friend was around for all this good stuff. . .





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels