Paul and Cat take NL Day 2

In the morning, Pauline (ever the early riser) brought up a croissant, boiled egg and banana for Geoff and I from the lobby. Geoff took off for church while Pauline and I headed to the center to find the only Buddhist temple in Amsterdam on a street called the Zeedijk (“zay-dike”), which is where Chinatown is located. We were distracted and pleased by the plethora of Chinese restaurants, and especially thrilled to see a place offering wonton noodle soup with roasted duck and char-sui pork – YUM. But nothing was open – not even the Buddhist temple!

We wandered on the shopping streets towards the Domplein, where we reconvened with Geoff and easily convinced him to have wonton noodle soup now that the restaurants were open for lunch. Afterwards, we gave triple kisses and Pauline and I went back to Utrecht. I know we did other things this day, but I can’t remember what they were. Maybe we just came back to Overvecht and slept (which is what I wished for many, many nights during this week).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels