Christmas Eve (after Dad died)


December 24, 2008
Christmas!

We are having a low-key Christmas. Hooray!! Mom and I are eating leftovers from yesterday's dinner, watching "21", and lazing around on the couch. I can't remember a more uncelebrated holiday by us but I don't exactly mind. . .

Today, I got up early to 3" of fresh powder on the ground and on the car. I couldn't find an ice scraper so I sponge-mopped the car off. I have decided that will be my new snow-removal technique - very gentle on the glass and exterior, and provides excellent reach across the vehicle and windshield. Awesome idea.

We caught the 8:30 ferryboat, and walked to her new shop, which I had never seen before. It is so adorable and small - the perfect fit for her needs. We had green tea, chatted with clients, I shoveled a walkway, and the day was done. Very pleasant Christmas Eve, considering we worked.



On the ferry ride back, there was lots of turbulence that was concerning to me, but hardly noticed by everyone else. We enjoyed two homemade truffles from mom's ferry friend on the ride, too. We stopped at the grocery store, hit Hallmark, replaced her broken phone headset, shopped a little, and headed home.

I'm glad we decided to keep it low-key, because it's only 9pm, and I'm going to bed. Hope Santa eats the pork-stuffed bittermelon stew we left out for him.

Ho ho ho.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels