MK Baptism
July 13, 2008
As is becoming the church tradition: Travis distracted me with stories in above-whisper English, while I tried not to laugh (and the priest has a direct line of vision to us from up there, and probably scoffs at me when giving me communion because he has heard Travis's entire story about Chi Trinh stealing food from the Teacher's Convention at Barnes & Noble...); the baby, of course, has zero attention span for the sit-stand-sit-stand-kneel-respond routine, and spent mass emptying the contents of the diaper bag onto the floor behind our pew; Chi Trinh, meanwhile, gets to look like the good daughter sitting in her beautiful dress next to the pious couple we brought, who were reviewing their bible. Although, I have to admit that the distraction is helpful, since I still can't seem to go to church without thinking of Dad and getting a little weepy.
James is married to Chi Trinh's best friend, Jaconda. Father Trinh was good friends with our dad, and married Trinh and Travis in 2005.
Afterwards, we enjoyed lunch at the Chestnut Hill Grill (where the baby most likely got the stomach virus he is recovering from this week), and I took a stroll through the town with my last friend of the weekend - the lovely Karyn Kelly.
Comments