Most Fabulous Weekend Ever - Friday Party Time
July 11, 2008
Chris and I started at Bar Ferdinand for Meri's birthday dinner. Not knowing more than three other people at the party (including Meri and Jim), Chris and I finally got a chance to catch up. I had missed spending time with him. Two delicious sangrias and about 50 tiny tasty tapas later, we headed to Manayunk Brewing Co. to meet Bang & Co. Fresh from an Independence Day trip to the whale's vagina, everyone was tan and relaxed. I got to catch up with a lot of folks, and I even had what felt like an informal interview to be the editor of someone's novel (ooh, pick me!). Bang's friend from the west coast, in town on business, was also with the group. While we all had a pretty good time, the look on her face when the lights came up at 2:30AM and bouncers started emptying the place out, showed she was less than impressed with yuppie-Philly's party scene. We can only try.
I was excited by the fact that I had truly committed to staying out late and enjoying my friends. Perhaps it's unhealthy to say that, often, I might be happiest making an unnecessarily-indulgent dinner with Steve and staying in the apartment. This night reminded me that long nights could be good nights, too.
Comments