Still Here - PennDOT Internship, Dubai
June 5, 2008
While there were undoubtedly some tell-worthy stories from Dubai, my homecoming, Dad's 100 days passing, and the new job, all I really wanted to write about tonight is a fleeting thought I had while I was brushing my teeth:
Of all the gross things I do on a daily basis, I've identified one that grosses me out daily and supremely. It's not occasionally eating without washing my hands first, playing with my toes in traffic, smelling clothes to see if it is "clean" (when all I want to know is if it smells badly enough that others will know it's dirty), and playing with my gum after pumping gas (that's always on accident - yuck!). The thing that I have to force myself through every night that totally grosses me out: the moment between spitting out the toothpaste and putting the rinse water to your mouth, when you know some of that dirty toothpasty spit is going right back in. Something about the consistency of that toothpasty spit that just gets to me.
Yup - that's it. First blog in two months, and that's what I wanted to say. More on Life and it's adventures another time. Remember - even courageous cubs have to brush before bed... Actually, I think I'm the cub hunter. That's just mean.
Comments