Crazy Shibuya


Travis's favorite impression of me goes as follows: "My name is Catherine Nguyen, and I love love." He speaks of my hopeless romantic side. But I saw these, and spent JPY 400 trying to get one from the skill crane in the arcade. I really, really, really want one and will probably spend too much money by May, trying to prevail. Even the skill cranes in Tokyo are a rip off - they only have two prongs on the claw. If it had four, this would be a photo of me holding the love bunny (as I've named them).


John and I headed into Shibuya again - it's so mesmerizing, you just have to go as often as possible, especially when it's dark out and the neon lights draw you. Watching the thousands of people crossing the street when the light turns is just mind-boggling. I think even New Yorkers might be impressed. (Please see the video below, noting that the entire black line in the middle of the screen is just people waiting to cross).

We had dinner (top left) that was both inexpensive, filling, and did not require ordering two portions (so far, a rarity) - bowls of rice with beef (John) and Szechuan eggplant. Delicious. And they had eigo menu so we could order in English. I bought my first pair of shoes for JPY 2000 at a mall called 109-2, and we spent the rest of the night at a swanky darts bar, splitting a bottle of asti spumonte. A very chill night on the town. Not to mention, John-san owes me lunch, since I (barely) won two games of this darts game called "01". (Top right. Click on the pic to see the score.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby List!

Lots of Walking - An American in Tokyo

Tiffany Weddings and Camels